Agile People Leadership
If you are an agile coach, HR professional or in a leadership role, you need to understand how people strategy and people operations need to change when working in a company that embraces the agile value structure.
The agile People Coach training covers three perspectives that every HR-person or leader needs to be aware of:
Individual perspective (YOU)
- Knowing yourself and why you do what you do
- The Reiss Motivation Profile (RMP) shows your basic needs and motives, and contributes to a better understanding of yourself and your leadership, and why you do what you do…
- Helping others find their perfect place in the organization taking their personality and situation into account
Team perspective (WE IN OUR TEAM)
- How to increase the pace from immature to mature high-performing teams, using
skills for communication and conflict resolution
- How to grow and develop teams to be independent and empowered to make their own decisions, for example about their contribution to the organization's goals or their salaries
Organizational perspective (ALL OF US)
- How to balance an agile culture with an agile structure by providing enough support for emerging strategies where all people are involved in setting the direction (via OKRs or other kinds of relative targets)
- How to work to change behaviors – accomplishing an agile mindset and culture through removing limiting structures (budgets linked to fixed performance targets and rewards)
- Create a Learning organization where it's ok to make mistakes and learn from them (requires a platform of Psychological Safety)
Workshop program Day 3: Agile People Leadership
09.00-10.30 Why Agile Leadership: The impact of big trends and the VUCA world and the drawbacks of the waterfall method for development of new products. Problems with the way we still manage and lead and the better way. Theory X and Y view of leadership - examples.
10.45-11.15 Types of leadership: A walkthrough of Leadership history and how it has developed until today.
11.15-12.00 What is Agile Leadership? Examples of frameworks and cases. 9 leadership principles and the gardener metaphor. How performance can be supported with alternative ways of working. Leadership Maturity exercise.
13.00-14.30 Knowing and leading yourself: Emotional intelligence, mental models and mindful leadership. The organization as a social construct and interpersonal mush vs. interpersonal clarity. How we are biased: 4 examples of biases that we all hold and the antidote. The 4 selves of a leader with a self assessment.
14.30-15.00 Conflict resolution: Basic conflict theory and finding the right balance between harmony and creative conflict in a team or organization.
15.15-16.00 Effective Communication: How do we make sure that what we communicate get the intended result and that we are clear on how to communicate the right stuff in a way that would make sense for people, regardless of cognitive differences?
16.00-16.45 Boundary Spanning - working cross-functionally and spanning boundaries of different kinds, inside and outside the organization and between topics, areas and diverse people. Buddy System exercise.
16.45-17.00 Conclusion and next steps: Retrospective (ALL) and KUDOs
Agile coaches, consultants, HR managers, HR Business Partners, HR professionals, Recruiters, Managers, operational & business managers, and consulting managers, and leadership in both the private and public sectors.
Your course leader and facilitator is Pia-Maria Thorén, who has 25 years of consultant experience from large Swedish and international companies within HR and leadership. She is the founder of GreenBullet and Agile People and the author of the book Agile People – A Radical Approach for HR and Managers (That Leads to Motivated Employees).
Your co-facilitator is Helgi Gudmundsson, an Agile People Facilitator and Leadership guru from Iceland. Ask any question about Leadership to Helgi and you will have a fantastic answer 🙂
Grå Gåsen, Burgsvik, Gotland
Events cancellation policy
If you should have to cancel your registration, notification in writing should be sent to email@example.com. Please make sure you state the name of the conference/event in the subject line of your email.
- A refund of 85% will be given for cancellations received 60 days before the start of the event
- A refund of 50% will be given for cancellations received between 59 days before 31 days to the start of the event
- A refund of 25% will be given for cancellations received between 30 days before 14 days to the start of the event
- No refund will be issued for cancellations received within 14 days of the event.
You are allowed to send a colleague.