Agile People Fundamentals
If you are an agile coach, HR professional or in a leadership role, you need to understand how people strategy and people operations need to change when working in a company that embraces the agile value structure.
The agile People Coach training covers three perspectives that every HR-person or leader needs to be aware of:
Individual perspective (YOU)
- Knowing yourself and why you do what you do
- The Reiss Motivation Profile (RMP) shows your basic needs and motives, and contributes to a better understanding of yourself and your leadership, and why you do what you do…
- Helping others find their perfect place in the organization taking their personality and situation into account
Team perspective (WE IN OUR TEAM)
- How to increase the pace from immature to mature high-performing teams, using
skills for communication and conflict resolution
- How to grow and develop teams to be independent and empowered to make their own decisions, for example about their contribution to the organization's goals or their salaries
Organizational perspective (ALL OF US)
- How to balance an agile culture with an agile structure by providing enough support for emerging strategies where all people are involved in setting the direction (via OKRs or other kinds of relative targets)
- How to work to change behaviors – accomplishing an agile mindset and culture through removing limiting structures (budgets linked to fixed performance targets and rewards)
- Create a Learning organization where it's ok to make mistakes and learn from them (requires a platform of Psychological Safety)
Workshop program: Agile People Fundamentals
09.00-10.45 Introduction to Agile People and important principles / tools: The foundation of Agile Peoples mindset is about the principles, values, methods and tools that we need to start using to release competence and innovation - and what we stop doing. Your own challenges are discussed. Certification assignment and presentations.
11.00-12.00 Psychological safety as a foundation for a learning organization: The importance of an approach that is pervaded by security and confidence to increase profitability and innovation - to increase creativity through a culture where it is ok to fail and try again. We play "The Psychological Safety Game" which facilitates the dialogue about difficult topics.
13.00-14.30 Emerging strategies, structures and goals: Emerging strategies instead of long-term planning, new ways of working with strategy, budgets, goals, performance processes and rewards. Using value stream mapping to optimize flows in a system instead of working with resource optimization and sub-optimization of departments. Mindset Slider exercise.
14.45-15.45 Building conditions for agile culture: Creating conditions for a fantastic culture where people can perform at their optimal level with a sense of being supported and secure. The gap between structures and culture / values. Structure - Culture Misfit Role Play
15.45-16.30 The learning Organization as Strategy and the future role of HR and managers: The Buddy system to increase cross-border collaboration and increase the opportunity to create a fantastic organization together. Tips and examples for the change journey and how HR and managers need to change their own role to support it.
16:30 - 17:00 Summarizing and following up on our own challenges and the next step
Agile coaches, consultants, HR managers, HR Business Partners, HR professionals, Recruiters, Managers, operational & business managers, and consulting managers, and leadership in both the private and public sectors.
Your course leader and facilitator is Pia-Maria Thorén, who has 25 years of consultant experience from large Swedish and international companies within HR and leadership. She is the founder of GreenBullet and Agile People and the author of the book Agile People – A Radical Approach for HR and Managers (That Leads to Motivated Employees).
Grå Gåsen, Burgsvik, Gotland
Events cancellation policy
If you should have to cancel your registration, notification in writing should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you state the name of the conference/event in the subject line of your email.
- A refund of 85% will be given for cancellations received 60 days before the start of the event
- A refund of 50% will be given for cancellations received between 59 days before 31 days to the start of the event
- A refund of 25% will be given for cancellations received between 30 days before 14 days to the start of the event
- No refund will be issued for cancellations received within 14 days of the event.
You are allowed to send a colleague.