Agile People HR Workshop
If you are an Agile Coach, HR professional or in a leadership role, you need to understand how people strategy and people operations need to change when working in a company that embraces the agile value structure.
The agile People Coach training covers three perspectives that every HR-person or leader needs to be aware of:
Individual perspective (YOU)
- Knowing yourself and why you do what you do
- The Reiss Motivation Profile (RMP) shows your basic needs and motives, and contributes to a better understanding of yourself and your leadership, and why you do what you do…
- Helping others find their perfect place in the organization taking their personality and situation into account
Team perspective (WE IN OUR TEAM)
- How to increase the pace from immature to mature high-performing teams, using
skills for communication and conflict resolution
- How to grow and develop teams to be independent and empowered to make their own decisions, for example about their contribution to the organization's goals or their salaries
Organizational perspective (ALL OF US)
- How to balance an agile culture with an agile structure by providing enough support for emerging strategies where all people are involved in setting the direction (via OKRs or other kinds of relative targets)
- How to work to change behaviors – accomplishing an agile mindset and culture through removing limiting structures (budgets linked to fixed performance targets and rewards)
- Create a Learning organization where it's ok to make mistakes and learn from them (requires a platform of Psychological Safety)
The program is made up of 7 sessions that we will cover during 7 interactive online 2 hour workshops - beginning Sept 22nd and ending on Oct 8th. This training is available between 10am -12 pm British Summer Time (GMT+01:00)
10am - 12pm
|24/9/2020||10am - 12pm||HR 2|
|29/9/2020||10am - 12pm||HR 3|
|30/9/2020||10am - 12pm||HR 4|
|1/10/2020||10am - 12pm||HR 5|
|7/10/2020||10am - 12pm||HR 6|
|10am - 12pm||HR 7|
The target audience for this training includes people working within HR organizations in companies transforming to more Agile ways of working. Their current responsibilities may include aspects such as people development, recruitment, performance management, compensation, and employee engagement/motivation.
Organizational development consultants hiring managers and Agile transformation leads exploring the people, and structural aspects of transformations will also find this curriculum compelling.
These books written by Pia-Maria Thoren are included in digital format.
Agile People HR
Session H1: How HR's role is changing when we need to increase Business Agility
Design the talent/people elements needed to help support an Agile transition in an organization and explain how different contexts can influence the approach to be taken. Job titles, competency profiles, titles, career, succession - how do we do it in an agile organization? User stories for HR and a T-shaped HR-person. Employee Journey mapping - pain points. Examples and cases.
Session H2: How HR can use tools and practices from Agile.
Using Scrum, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping, and OKRs for HR is not so different from using it for Software development. What are examples, and how can you design talent/people processes using the agile ways of working? User stories for HR - what do they look like? Examples and cases of Agile HR in reality.
Session H3: Performance management and examples & cases
Appraise current performance management practices and identify ways of bringing Agile thinking to enhance performance, accountability, and growth. 95/5 Exercise.
Session H4: Compensation and Benefits
Examples and Cases. Describe and contrast traditional incentive structures with Agile-friendly structures, discuss the pros and cons of each approach, and explain how you could apply them to your environment.
Session H5: Talent Acquisition and onboarding
Design a sourcing strategy that can be used to find and acquire the "right" people to support the strategic growth of the organization taking values, culture, diversity, and collaboration into the hiring decision. Design an onboarding experience that enables new employees to become a part of the organization rapidly and smoothly.
Session H6: Employee Engagement
Recommend different motivational tools to be applied in a context and describe how the traditional employee engagement survey is changing.
Session H7: Learning and Development
Suggest ways to enable and support a learning mindset in a team, supporting the shift from a focus on deficiencies to a focus on the development of new skills and capabilities.
Your course leader and facilitator will be altered between the Project X Partners;
Sarah Boorman, Simone Hauser, Marian O'Brien or Julia Powell
This course is available online. Prior to our first session, you will receive access to the Agile People Learning Management System where you will access all of the course content, workbooks, and supporting materials.
We are working with Zoom for live sessions, Mural as a digital canvas for collaboration, Trello for keeping track of the agenda items and exercises, and Slack for communication between the sessions.
We will provide you guided information to access all of the various tools prior to our first session as well as on-going throughout the experience.
There will be some work to be done after every session, so this class will need your full attention during these 7 days. The certification assignment can be accomplished in the time between the sessions so that you will be ready on the day of the last session. But in this intense tempo, we recommend that you do the assignment after the training has stopped.
Events cancellation policy
If you should have to cancel your registration, notification in writing should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you state the name of the conference/event in the subject line of your email.
- The online course requires a minimum number of attendees to happen (quorum)
- Confirmation of the online course will be sent to all registered attendees as soon as the quorum is reached and, in any case, not later than one week from the beginning of the course
The cancellation policy for registered attendees is:
- for cancellations received no later than 2 weeks before that start of the course, 100% of the registration fee will be refunded
- for cancellations received no later than 1 week before that start of the course, 50% of the registration fee will be refunded
No refund for cancellations received one week or less before the start of the course. The attendee will still have access to all training material and to the e-learning platform; the attendee will be allowed to join a future edition of the same course at no extra charge.
An attendee may transfer their registration to another person, as long as the request is received by the organizers not later than 24 hours before the start of the course.
In case the organizer is forced to cancel the entire course because the quorum was not reached: registered attendees will be refunded in full.
In case the organizer is forced to cancel part of the course due to force majeure and the training sessions cannot be rescheduled: the attendees will be refunded for the number of training hours that were canceled.