[Eng] Agile People Leadership (ICP-BAF + ICP-LEA)
2023-02-13 16:30 —
2023-02-24 18:30 GMT
Agile People Leadership
Business Agility Foundations + Leadership
ICP-BAF + ICP-LEA | 10 Online Sessions
“It was super good and directly useful for my work. The course gave me a lot of thoughtful input about agile leadership, people development, business agility and the reasoning and importance of agility for business that I have known for many years, but never had it presented in this clear and concise way”.
Feedback from participants in EleoNora Nelson-Per-Claeson's last course:
- The course was incredibly useful, inspiring, and the trainer was extremely dedicated, patient and supportive.
- It was amazing how easily Eleonora connected the most twisted concepts with real-life examples making it so much more interesting to study.
- Professional and Knowledgeable trainer with amazing understanding approach if you need more clarifications around the topic
- Inspiring teacher
- It was fun and gave a lot of insight of yourself and your own organization
- I enjoyed all the sessions, they were very useful for my work and I got to learn and reinforce my knowledge.
In the future of work, managers and leaders will need to take an Agile People Leaders' role, with the necessary competence about basic human needs, behaviours, teamwork, and how to support an emerging strategy towards the organization’s purpose.
An Agile People Leader works inside an organization or as a consultant and wants to spread the principles and values to every corner of the company. You want to bounce ideas and get inspired by a community of like-minded people who have the same goal: increasing business agility and helping organizations on their learning journey/transformation by supporting people to attain an agile mindset.
The Agile People Leader is an alternative career for traditional managers and HR professionals. An Agile People Coach is more than an Agile Coach, although the basic understanding of agile values, agile tools and methods, systems theory, and organizations are the same. The difference lies in the deeper People's perspective. During this training, you will learn how to coach people to find a place to be the best and create conditions for people to perform together.
All courses can be taken individually, however for the greatest benefit we recommend this or any other combination of courses that we offer. Please get in touch for more details, @ [email protected]
During the Agility in Agile People Leader training, we cover three perspectives:
Individual perspective (YOU)
Knowing yourself and why you do what you do: The Reiss Motivation Profile (RMP) shows your basic needs and motives and contributes to a better understanding of yourself and your leadership.
Developing yourself and understanding biases, mind traps, and how to avoid judging
Communicating effectively using storytelling and visualization are powerful tools.
Coaching others find their perfect place in the organization taking their personality, interests, and passions into account
Team Perspective (WE IN OUR TEAM)
How to increase the pace from immature to mature high-performing teams, using skills for communication, leading, coaching, and conflict resolution
How to grow and develop teams to be independent and empowered to make their own decisions, for example, about their contribution to the organization's goals or their salaries
Organisational perspective (ALL OF US)
How to balance an agile culture with an agile structure, providing enough support for emerging strategies where all people are involved in setting the direction (via OKRs or other kinds of relative targets)
How to work to change behaviors – accomplishing an agile mindset and culture through removing limiting structures like annual budgets linked to fixed performance targets and individual bonuses
Create conditions for a Learning organization where it's ok to make mistakes and learn from them, which requires a platform of Psychological Safety.
- Agile Coaches who want to understand how to help HR and Leaders to attain an agile mindset and support them in change initiatives
- Leaders or HR professionals at any level in an organization who aspire to lead an organization on a business agility journey
- Leaders who see the value of growing an agile organization and are committed to developing themselves as agile leaders to achieve that aim
- Anyone wishing to learn about the paradigm shifts necessary to lead in adaptive environments and to develop relevant leadership and HR capabilities to support the change
- HR-Consultants, Management Consultants, Change Managers, or Agile Coaches want to use the Agile People course content and exercises as part of their product portfolio.
The program is made up of 10 topics that we will cover over 10 intensive online (Zoom) 2 -3 hour sessions. If you miss a session, you can take it back in the next course round, later, as scheduled permits in 2023.
The certification fee for each ICP (e.g. ICP-BAF, ICP-LEA, etc) course is NOT included in the course fee. To get an ICAgile certification, you need to complete the certification tasks, get it approved and after that you can buy the certificate from us.
Session B1-5 Agile People Foundations
Session B1: The Need for Business Agility
In today's Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity (VUCA) environment, business agility is more and more critical for success. New values and principles and self-organizing teams with the right mix of cognitively diverse people close to the customer experience and empowered to make decisions are the new competitive edge.
Session B2: Emergent Strategy and Value Creation
Aligning teams around a vital purpose and generating a vision is essential to providing inspiration and creating high performance. In addition, it's imperative to empathize with customers to maximize customer value and make it visible to focus on value creation.
Session B3: Framework, Tools and Techniques
Agile is about adapting to change. You adapt to the customers' changing needs and work according to priorities to deliver the most significant value for the customer first. Using a Lean StartUp approach, you can test your hypothesis with a Minimum Viable Product. Using Scrum, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping in the whole company is not different from using it for Software development. What are examples, and how can you design your processes using the agile ways of working?
Session B4: New Ways of thinking and Behaving
The ability to recognize and understand complex adaptive system dynamics accelerates the path towards Business Agility. It is not only our organization's dynamics that we should understand and manage with "Polarity Management" and "Cynefin Decision Making Model"; but also our thinking & behaving patterns by the concept of the "Ladder of Inference."
Session B5: Business Agility as the New Normal
In today's fast-moving and complex environments, we need to be more responsive and adaptable to navigate the complexity. To do that, we need to:
- Understand how to make sense of business challenges when things keep changing
- Be able to make decisions and act when we don't have all the information we feel we need
- Create the conditions to allow the right culture to grow for everyone to perform at their best. In this session, we will recap the impact on business.
Due to our VUCA world, we will explore what is needed in the business to embrace agility, deepen understanding of the structure/culture misfit, and why transformation can fail. Learn more about ICAgile ( https://www.icagile.com/ ).
Session L1-5 Agile People Leadership
Session L1 - The Why & What of Leading with Agility
In this session, we will explore the changing environment & dynamics that call for a different leading and following approach. Next, we look into the misalignment between what managers think drives their people and what people – knowledge workers – expect from managing and leading them. Finally, we explore our understanding and expectations. What attitudes, expectations, and concrete behaviours do we hope to see from people who lead with agility?
Session L2 - Behaviors that Enable Agility
Session L3 - Knowing & Connecting with Yourself
Session L4 - Developing & Leading Ourselves
Session L5 - Skillful Communication
Communicating effectively, relating to others, creating and maintaining healthy interactions, having productive conversations, and ultimately influencing others requires practice and effective
communication dynamics. In this session, we work on the dynamics of effective communication through the lenses of several mental models, the dynamics of productive conversations, and the power of compelling storytelling to move and influence others. We explore three types of stories we can learn to identify and narrative patterns that help you tell compelling stories as a leader.
This highly interactive course will give you the foundation, the roadmap and tools to grow in your Agile People skills - from building your capacity and skill in self-leadership, to leading others at all levels in the organization and ultimately how to support and enable others to lead at all levels.
You will also be welcomed into the Agile People network.. a global network of agile professionals collaborating to promote and help modern organizations towards increased Business Agility.
Your course leader and facilitator is Eleonora Nelson-Per-Claeson
We are working with Zoom for presentations and team exercises, Trello for keeping track of the agenda items and exercises and Slack for communication between the sessions. There will be some work to be done after every session, so add about 5 hours more every week. Course literature and material will be sent to your location and distributed digitally.
Do I need any pre-competence?
earthYou don't need any pre-competence to attend the online course. We are tailoring the approach for the participants and your level. As a bonus, you will learn to use modern digital tools, like digital Canvases, Video meeting platforms, Kanban boards, etc.
How does the process look for this training?
The training is a copy of the physical training but we will use virtual online tools instead of face-to-face meetings, to communicate, learn and interact. You will need a good internet connection and an undisturbed workplace where you can have a quiet background. We will work in break-out sessions in Zoom and use Slack för communication between the instructor-led sessions, which will happen every week between 15-17 Central European Time.
All material will be shared via a Trello board and a Google drive. We will let you know everything about practicalities during the first session.
Are the classes scheduled on specific days at specific times?
Yes, the sessions take place according to a schedule for the year that has been predetermined. If you miss a session, you can always take it back at a later session.
After training completion, what is the process to become ICAgile Certified?
The certification process requires finalizing the certification assignment and answering several questions after each session. When the work is completed (approved with feedback from us), we will confirm this with Agile People who will then send you a link (for the completed training assignment) to download your certificate from ICAgile https://www.icagile.com/. The course fee includes the cost of the certificate.
The Agile People Certificates for participation (Agile People Fundamentals, Agile HR and Agile People Leadership) are included in the training price after finalizing the course, and there are separate certificates for the modules Foundation, HR, Leadership, and Coach.
- Enrol 2 to 4 participants for the same scheduled courses and receive a discount of 5% per person on existing course prices.
- Enrol 5+ participants for the same scheduled courses and receive a discount of 10% per person on existing course prices.
- For larger groups or to arrange private group training please contact us at [email protected] to arrange an additional quote and proposal for your organisation.
Open Classroom Training
- Open classroom training is offered in a number of countries depending on interest.
- Enrol 5 to 8 participants for the same scheduled courses and receive a discount of 5% per person on existing course prices.
- Enrol 9+ participants for the same scheduled courses and receive a discount of 10% per person on existing course prices.
Private Group Training
We provide private group training both online and on-site. Please contact us at [email protected] to arrange an additional quote and proposal for your organisation.
Events cancellation policy
If you should have to cancel your registration, notification in writing should be sent to [email protected] Please make sure you state the name of the conference/event in the subject line of your email.
- We will refund 85% for cancellations received 60 days before the start of the event.
- We will refund 50% for cancellations received between 59 days before 31 days to the event's start.
- We will refund 25% for cancellations received between 30 days before 15 days to the event's start.
- We will issue no refund for cancellations received within 15 days of the event.
- You are allowed to send a colleague in your place.
Invoices are payable on 15 days Net, and must in any case be paid before the course starts!