English: Agile Leadership
2023-03-27 08:30 —
2023-03-28 17:30 CEST
2-Days' Workshop (ICP-LEA)
Agile leadership means creating a work environment where employees feel they can be themselves, that they are seen and respected for who they are. In such environments you feel safe to come up with new ideas, you want to do your best, which leads to innovation and new ways of working, but also requires new ways of leading.
In the future of work, managers and leaders will need to take an Agile Leadership' role, with the necessary competence about basic human needs, behaviours, teamwork, and how to support an emerging strategy towards the organization’s purpose.
To lead others, you first need to understand yourself. This course will provide insight into how to gain better self-awareness, why you react the way you do and have certain behaviors, which leads to better interaction, leadership, improved ability to see and communicate with others.
In this course, you gain insight into the basic values, principles, and mindset of what agile leadership entails, and you learn to understand the challenges companies face, you will learn how to coach people to find a place to be the best and create conditions for people to perform together, as well as understand what basic leadership skills are required to build an agile organizational culture.
Who is the course for?
The training is for leaders at all levels, or those who wish to become leaders, as well as anyone else who wishes to learn what it takes to lead under constant change and how to develop leadership that handles it.
The course is also relevant for Agile Coaches, HR, Change Managers, and consultants working in the private or public sector who wish to understand what agile leadership means.
In our workshop, we do various exercises as a practical approach to how to work agile. Before the course, all participants get access to the course's modules (described below) in Agile People
Campus, Learning Management System. There you can go through theory to prepare for the course or as a reflection after the workshop.
This training provides an Agile People certificate and can lead to accredited ICAgile Professional Certifications in "Leading with Agility" (ICP-LEA)".
To get an ICAgile Certification, you need to complete the certification tasks, get it approved and after that you can buy the certificate from us.
Take the People Development (ICP-PDV) and Business Agility Foundations (ICP-BAF) course in addition to this Agile Leadership Certificates (e.g. ICP-BAF, ICP-LEA, ICP-PDV), to qualify you for the ICAgile Certified Expert in Agility in Leadership. Purchase all three classroom sessions in the same booking for a 10% discount.
Experience-based learning Sweden, Central Stockholm
The course venue is at the offices of Eviture (Sverige) AB, at World Trade Center, Klarabergsviadukten 70, D4, 111 64 Stockholm, Sweden.
- Light breakfast (08.30 to 09.00), lunch and snacks.
- Digital course materials via the Agile People Campus - Learning Management System (LMS) where you can access all of the course content, workbooks, and supporting materials. You will need to download some of this and bring this along with you e.g. the Workbook.
- You will be given access to the LMS upon registration and payment of the course fee.
- Youwill have access to the LMS for 3 months after completion of the course.The workbook will be provided at the course. It can also be downloaded from the LMS.
- Theworkbook will be provided at the course. It can also be downloaded from the LMS.
The certification fee for each ICP (e.g. ICP-LEA) course is NOT included in the course fee.To get an ICAgile certification, you need to complete the certification tasks, get it approved and after that you can buy the certificate from us.
Agile People - a Global Network
You are also welcomed into the international network Agile People, which is a global collaborative network of agile professionals who work together to help organizations increase agile values using principles, work methods and tools. Ultimately, the goal is to create better organizations, with happier employees and greater adaptability to the changing reality.
After the training, you can get access to presentations and exercises that you can use in your own organization via our memberships or by becoming an Agile People trainer.
Detailed Course Description
Why Agile Leadership
The importance of world trends and VUCA as a driving force for a changing view of leadership. We will explore the changing environment & dynamics that call for a different leading. We look at the differences between what managers think drives their employees and what people actually expect from their leaders. What attitudes and behaviors do we expect to see in agile leaders?
Leadership behaviours that facilitate agility
Getting to know Yourself
Leading others begins with developing our self-leadership. In this session we discover ways to become aware of our own experience and examine our own prejudices and cognitive biases, how they influence our thinking and how we can become more aware of them and work to minimize and/or counter them. Finally, we look at mental leadership pitfalls and how we can work on these to become better leaders.
Develop and lead Yourself
We familiarize ourselves with the Clear Leadership model developed by Gervase Bushe and how we can develop the Four Selves of a leader: Your knowledgeable (Aware) self, Your Descriptive self, Your Curious self and Your Appreciative self. Here we examine different contexts where we practice putting these into practice, which means giving and receiving feedback, stepping into a coaching leadership role and disarming conflict by creating interpersonal clarity.
Communicating effectively and relating to others and maintaining healthy relationships as well as influencing people in a common direction requires practice and an understanding of communication dynamics. Here we work with several different mental models of communication: productive conversations and the power of telling stories to get people to act.
We examine 3 types of stories we can identify and patterns for telling compelling stories as leaders.
Agile People books
As a course participant, you can read a flipbook version of our books; Agile People, Agile People Principles, and the Agile People Picturebook via our Campus
Your course leader and facilitator is Eleonora Nelson-Per-Claeson
EleoNora is a senior partner in the Eviture group which has presence in countries across Europe. She is passionate about people, organisational growth and creating a learning culture that enables sustainable change through continuous improvement and systems thinking. She has 30+ years’ experience working in both enterprise and small-midsize organisation, the last 20 years
focusing on lean-agile practices, coaching, and driving agile adoption and transforming in the World of Work.
Distilling simple truth inside of complex situations - is her Thing !
- Enrol 2 to 4 participants for the same scheduled courses and receive a discount of 5% per person on existing course prices.
- Enrol 5+ participants for the same scheduled courses and receive a discount of 10% per person on existing course prices.
- For larger groups or to arrange private group training please contact us at [email protected] to arrange an additional quote and proposal for your organisation.
Open Classroom Training
- Open classroom training is offered in a number of countries depending on interest.
- Enrol 5 to 8 participants for the same scheduled courses and receive a discount of 5% per person on existing course prices.
- Enrol 9+ participants for the same scheduled courses and receive a discount of 10% per person on existing course prices.
Private Group Training
We provide private group training both online and on-site. Please contact us at [email protected] to arrange an additional quote and proposal for your organisation.
Events cancellation policy
If you should have to cancel your registration, notification in writing should be sent to [email protected]. Please make sure you state the name of the conference/event in the subject line of your email.
- We will refund 85% for cancellations received 60 days before the start of the event.
- We will refund 50% for cancellations received between 59 days before 31 days to the event's start.
- We will refund 25% for cancellations received between 30 days before 15 days to the event's start.
- We will issue no refund for cancellations received within 15 days of the event.
- You are allowed to send a colleague in your place.
Invoices are payable on 15 days Net, and must in any case be paid before the course starts!
2023-03-27 08:30 —
2023-03-28 17:30 CEST