[Eng] Agile People Coach & Leading with Agility
2023-02-13 16:30 —
2023-03-10 18:30 GMT
Agile People Coach & Leading with Agility
Foundation + Leadership + Coach
ICP-BAF + ICP-LEA I 15 Online Sessions
Feedback from participants in EleoNora Nelson-Per-Claeson's last course:
- The course was incredibly useful, inspiring, and the trainer was extremely dedicated, patient and supportive.
- It was amazing how easily Eleonora connected the most twisted concepts with real-life examples making it so much more interesting to study.
- Professional and Knowledgeable trainer with amazing understanding approach if you need more clarifications around the topic.
- Inspiring teacher!
- It was fun and gave a lot of insight of yourself and your own organization
- I enjoyed all the sessions, they were very useful for my work and I got to learn and reinforce my knowledge.
In the future of work, HR, leaders and Managers will need to take an Agile People Coaches' and Leaders role, with the necessary competence about basic human needs, behaviors, teamwork, and how to support an emerging strategy towards the organization's purpose.
An Agile People Leader or Agile People Coach works inside an organization or as a consultant and wants to spread the principles and values to every corner of the company. You want to bounce ideas and get inspired by a community of like-minded people who have the same goal: increasing business agility and helping organizations on their learning journey/transformation by supporting HR and leaders to attain an agile mindset.
The Agile People Coach or Leader is an alternative career for traditional managers and HR professionals. An Agile People Coach is more than an Agile Coach, although the basic understanding of agile values, agile tools and methods, systems theory, and organizations are the same. The difference lies in the deeper People's perspective.
- This is the ideal training for anyone looking to become an Agile People Coach in the context of leadership, especially if you deal with managing people, teams or even organisations.
- You will learn the principles of Agile People, to ensure a holistic view of agile leadership and also apply it through the role of Agile People Coach, building engaged and collaborative environments. This training includes Business Agility Foundations, Leading with Agility and Agile People Coach.
- During this training, you will leave with experience having gained both knowledge and practical skills to bring forward new ways of working, learn how to create lasting change, coach people to find a place to be the best and create conditions for people to perform together.
This training is accredited by International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile), and can lead to certifications Business Agility Foundations (ICP-BAF) and Leading with Agility (ICP-LEA), with Agile People and ICAgile.
All courses can be taken individually, however for the greatest benefit we recommend this or any other combination of courses that we offer. For the Agile People Coach(AGP) you need to have completed 2-3 ICAgile courses to qualify for the AGP course. Please get in touch for more details, @ [email protected]
During the Agile People Coach - Leadership training, we cover 3 perspectives:
Individual Perspective (YOU)
Knowing yourself and why you do what you do: The Reiss Motivation Profile (RMP) shows your basic needs and motives and contributes to a better understanding of yourself and your leadership.
Developing yourself and understanding biases, mind traps, and how to avoid judging
Communicating effectively using storytelling and visualization are powerful tools.
Coaching others find their perfect place in the organization taking their personality, interests, and passions into account
Team perspective (WE IN OUR TEAM)
How to increase the pace from immature to mature high-performing teams, using skills for communication, leading, coaching, and conflict resolution
How to grow and develop teams to be independent and empowered to make their own decisions, for example, about their contribution to the organization's goals or their salaries
Organizational perspective (ALL OF US)
How to balance an agile culture with an agile structure, providing enough support for emerging strategies where all people are involved in setting the direction (via OKRs or other kinds of relative targets)
How to work to change behaviors – accomplishing an agile mindset and culture through removing limiting structures like annual budgets linked to fixed performance targets and individual bonuses
Create conditions for a Learning organization where it's ok to make mistakes and learn from them, which requires a platform of Psychological Safety.
You will participate in 15 Intensive online 2-3 hour sessions over one month for this training. If you miss a session, you can take it back in the next course round that starts later in 2023.
The certification fee for each ICP (e.g. ICP-BAF, ICP-LEA, etc) course is NOT included in the course fee. To get an ICAgile certification, you need to complete the certification tasks, get it approved and after that you can buy the certificate from us.
Other Combination Program to Agile People Coach
You will need to have achieved two or three of the ICAgile training certification program to qualify to take the Agile People Coach Certification and this must include Business Agility Foundation (ICP-BAF), which is the core. Below are combinations:
- Agile People Coach with Agility in HR - (ICP-BAF + ICP-AHR + Coach)
- Agile People Coach with Leadership - (ICP-BAF + ICP-LEA + Coach)
- Agile People Coach - Key Combinations - (ICP-BAF + ICP-AHR + ICP-LEA + Coach)
- Leaders or aspiring leaders at any level in an organization.
- People at any level who lead or aspire to lead in an organization on a business agility journey
- Leaders who see the value of growing an agile organization, and are committed to developing themselves as agile leaders in order to achieve that aim.
- Agile Coaches who want to understand how to help HR and Leaders to attain an agile mindset and support them in change initiatives.
- Leaders, HR professionals or People Managers at any level in an organisation who aspire to lead an organisation on a business agility journey.
- Anyone wishing to learn about the paradigm shifts necessary to lead in adaptive environments and to develop relevant leadership and HR capabilities.
- Management Consultants, Agile Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Change Agents, and people working in companies who require transformation to Agile ways of working.
These books written by Pia-Maria Thoren are included in digital format.
Session B1-5 Agile People Foundation
Session B1: The Need for Business Agility
In today's Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity (VUCA) environment, business agility is more and more critical for success. New values and principles and self-organizing teams with the right mix of cognitively diverse people close to the customer experience and empowered to make decisions are the new competitive edge.
Session B2: Emergent Strategy and Value Creation
Aligning teams around a vital purpose and generating a vision is essential to providing inspiration and creating high performance. In addition, it's imperative to empathize with customers to maximize customer value and make it visible to focus on value creation.
Session B3: Framework, Tools and Techniques
Agile is about adapting to change. You adapt to the customers' changing needs and work according to priorities to deliver the most significant value for the customer first. Using a Lean StartUp approach, you can test your hypothesis with a Minimum Viable Product. Using Scrum, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping in the whole company is not different from using it for Software development. What are examples, and how can you design your processes using the agile ways of working?
Session B4: New Ways of thinking and Behaving
The ability to recognize and understand complex adaptive system dynamics accelerates the path towards Business Agility. It is not only our organization's dynamics that we should understand and manage with "Polarity Management" and "Cynefin Decision Making Model"; but also our thinking & behaving patterns by the concept of the "Ladder of Inference."
Session B5: Business Agility as the New Normal
In today's fast-moving and complex environments, we need to be more responsive and adaptable to navigate the complexity. To do that, we need to:
- Understand how to make sense of business challenges when things keep changing
- Be able to make decisions and act when we don't have all the information we feel we need
- Create the conditions to allow the right culture to grow for everyone to perform at their best. In this session, we will recap the impact on business.
Due to our VUCA world, we will explore what is needed in the business to embrace agility, deepen understanding of the structure/culture misfit, and why transformation can fail.
Session L1-5 Agile People Leadership
Session L1: The Why & What of Leading with Agility
In this session, we explore the changing environment & dynamics that call for a different leading and following approach. Next, we look into the misalignment between what managers think drives their people and what people – knowledge workers – expect from managing and leading them. Finally, we explore our understanding and expectations. What attitudes, expectations, and concrete behaviors do we hope to see from people who lead with agility?
Session L2: Behaviors that Enable Agility
When you wish to make a radical change or transformation, understanding three things enables
you to make the shift. Where are we coming from, where are we now, and where are we heading toward. In this session, we explore the evolution of leadership theories and which leadership styles and approaches they have given birth to. We determine what is still relevant.. and what needs to change. A big part of that shift comes from understanding the nature of Power & Influence, and how the ways in which we gain power might be changing. Finally, we look into specific qualities & competencies we can cultivate and develop to increase our own personal agility.
Session L3: Knowing & Connecting with Yourself
If we cannot understand and embrace ourselves, we have little hope for fully understanding and accepting others. Understanding why we react to things in certain ways gives us the insights and ability to better choose our responses and change how we show up in our interactions. Leading others starts with developing our own self-leadership. In this session, we explore ways to map and become more aware of our own experiences. We dive into heuristics – cognitive biases – to understand how they work and influence our thinking; how we can become more aware of them and most importantly.. how we can counter them.
Finally, we explore specific leadership mind-traps, and how we can unlock those mind-traps to show up in better ways as leaders.
Session L4: Developing & Leading Ourselves
Having gained some insights into how we can know and connect with ourselves to choose how we respond to situations and show up in our interactions with others, it’s now time to put that into practice. We familiarise ourselves with the Clear Leadership model developed by Gervase Bushe, and how to develop the 4 selves of the Leader.. the Aware Self, the Descriptive Self, the Curious Self, and the Appreciative Self.
We explore several different contexts where we can put these into practice… to better check-in with people; give and receive effective feedback, step into coaching leadership, and defusing conflicts through creating inter-personal clarity.
Session L5: Skillful Communication
Communicating effectively; relating to others, creating and maintaining healthy interactions, having productive conversations, and ultimately the ability to influence others requires both practice and an understanding of the dynamics of effective communication. In this session, we work on the dynamics of effective communication through the lenses of several mental models; the dynamics of productive conversations, and the power of effective storytelling to move and influence others. We explore 3 types of stories we can learn to identify and narrative patterns that help you tell compelling stories as a leader.
Session C1-5 Deep dive into Agile People Coaching
Session C1: Agile Coaching and the Four Roles of a Coach
Mentoring, teaching, facilitating, and coaching are the stances of an Agile Coach – they need to master all of them to be successful and pick the right stance depending on the organization, situation, and the people. But what is the difference between an Agile Coach and an Agile People Coach?
Session C2: The Agile People Coach – a new Role for HR and Managers
In this session, we examine the nine roles of the Agile People Coach and a self-assessment – how skilled are you in the different roles and where do you need to improve. What are the skills that you need to add as a regular Agile Coach, Leader, or HR person if you want to increase your agile & people skills and to be able to call yourself an Agile People Coach? We look at scenarios for practicing when to take what role.
Session C3: Professional Coaching.
To understand the Agile Coach and the Agile People Coach's roles, you need to also have some knowledge in Professional Coaching and know how to formulate and ask suitable questions to guide and lead a person to understand what needs to be done in any situation.
Session C4: My Motivation Profile as a base for Self-leadership
Who you are and what makes you do what you do is very personal and different from others' why. Communicating with people who are different from yourself and knowing how to understand what makes other people do what they do and how they are different/similar to you is crucial competence in agile environments. We develop My washing instructions and discuss how your needs affect your life and work.
Session C5: Conflict Coaching
Exploring conflict theory and finding the right balance between harmony and healthy conflict in a team or organization is key when moving towards high-performing teams. In this session, you learn different models for dealing with conflict, understanding conflict escalation and different types of conflicts, and handling conflict in a team.
Do I need any pre-competence?
You don't need any pre-competence to attend the online course. We are tailoring the approach for the participants and your level. As a bonus, you will learn to use modern digital tools, like digital Canvases, Video meeting platforms, Kanban boards, etc.
How does the process look for this training?
We will use virtual online tools to communicate, learn and interact. You will need a good internet connection and an undisturbed workplace where you can have a quiet background. We will work in break-out sessions in Zoom and use our community platform for communication between the instructor-led sessions. We will go through all practicalities during the first session.
Are the sessions scheduled on specific days at specific times?
Yes, the sessions take place according to a schedule for the year that has been predetermined. If you miss a session, you can always take it back at a later session.
After training completion, what is the process to become ICAgile Certified?
The certification process requires finalizing the certification assignment and answering several questions after each session. When the work is completed (approved with feedback from us), we will confirm this with Agile People who will then send you a link (for the completed training assignment) to download your certificate from ICAgile https://www.icagile.com/. The course fee includes the cost of the certificate.
The Agile People Certificates for participation (Agile People Fundamentals, Agile HR and Agile People Leadership) are included in the training price after finalizing the course, and there are separate certificates for the modules Foundation, HR, Leadership, and Coach.
Your course leader and facilitator is EleoNora Nelson-Per-Claeson
This course is available online. Prior to our first session, you will receive access to the Agile People Learning Management System where you will access all of the course content, workbooks, and supporting materials.
We are working with different virtual tools, Zoom for interactive discussions and team exercises, Mural as the digital canvas, and our community platform for communication between the sessions. We will provide you guided information to access all of the various tools prior to our first session as well as on-going throughout the experience.
There will be some work to be done after every session, so this class will need your full attention during these intensive days. The certification assignment can be accomplished in the time between the sessions, so that you will be ready on the day of the last session. But in this intense tempo, we recommend that you do the assignment after the training has stopped.
- Enrol 2 to 4 participants for the same scheduled courses and receive a discount of 5% per person on existing course prices.
- Enrol 5+ participants for the same scheduled courses and receive a discount of 10% per person on existing course prices.
- For larger groups or to arrange private group training please contact us at [email protected] to arrange an additional quote and proposal for your organisation.
Open Classroom Training
- Open classroom training is offered in a number of countries depending on interest.
- Enrol 5 to 8 participants for the same scheduled courses and receive a discount of 5% per person on existing course prices.
- Enrol 9+ participants for the same scheduled courses and receive a discount of 10% per person on existing course prices.
Private Group Training
We provide private group training both online and on-site. Please contact us at [email protected] to arrange an additional quote and proposal for your organisation.
Events cancellation policy
If you should have to cancel your registration, notification in writing should be sent to [email protected]. Please make sure you state the name of the conference/event in the subject line of your email.
- We will refund 85% for cancellations received 60 days before the start of the event.
- We will refund 50% for cancellations received between 59 days before 31 days to the event's start.
- We will refund 25% for cancellations received between 30 days before 15 days to the event's start.
- We will issue no refund for cancellations received within 14 days of the event.
- You are allowed to send a colleague in your place.